- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Sri Lanka offers world class wildlife parks full of large game animals; leopards, sloth bears, elephant, water buffalo, jackal, wild boar, deer, marsh and mugger crocodiles and 492 species of resident or migratory birds. Sri Lanka also has an amazing world heritage site dating back to the 3rd century BC and 5th century AD.
The Aggressor Safari Lodge is located near Wilpattu and Minneriya National Parks. Guests staying for the 5 night/4 day itinerary will be treated to exciting jeep safaris in both parks, seeing the large game of Wilpattu plus many other animals and birds in their natural jungle habitat. Guests will also be amazed at the wonders of Minneriya National Park to visit the largest Asian elephant gathering in the world.
Two World Heritage Sites, the 3rd Century BC ancient city in Anuradhapura, home to the largest stupa (monument housing relics) in the Buddhist world and the 5th Century AD Sigiriya Rock Palace, will be visited which are the most valuable historical monuments of Sri Lanka and known as the 8th Wonder of the World.
And finally, we are thrilled to include a full day jungle excursion to Monkey Kingdom, Sri Lanka’s Primate Center. As an extension of the Smithsonian Institution, the studies on these monkeys were recently highlighted by Disney in the film “Monkey Kingdom”. Guests will be able to observe the monkeys in their natural jungle habitat. It’s quite a treat!
The Aggressor Safari Lodge is located in northern Sri Lanka at the edge of Wilpattu National Park, the largest National Park in the country. It is conveniently located just 30 minutes from the Ancient City of Anuradhapura, 45 minutes to Sigiriya Rock Palace National Heritage Site and 90 minutes from Minneriya National Park, which is home to the largest population of elephants on the island.
The property is 6 acres and located on the Kala Oya River, which is the 3rd longest river in Sri Lanka. It is a 5 star tented safari camp offering luxury accommodations and service. There are nine air conditioned tented bedroom units. Each one sits on a hard wood floor (27 feet x 17 feet) and has seperate ensuite bathrooms. The property itself is home to a variety of native wildlife such as Mouse Deer, Star Tortoise, Sri Lankan Giant Squirrels, Red Slender Loris, Peacocks and a host of exotic birds.
Below is a sample itineray and description of the tours included in the 5 Day/4 Night Itineraries. Package will include transportation to and from the parks and ancient cities, all meals and guides.
Day 1 - Wilpattu National Park
- Leaving from Negombo, guests travel to the Aggressor Tented Safari Lodge near the Wilpattu and Minneriya National Parks. The travel time is several hours.
- After check-in and lunch, guests will be taken on an afternoon safari into Wilpattu National Park to experience big game viewing of the parks Leopards, Elephant, Bear, Buffalo, Deer, Crocodile, Jackal and many other animals and birds in their natural jungle habitat and then back to the Safari Lodge for dinner.
Day 2 - Sigiriya Rock Palace & Minneriya National Park
- After an early breakfast, guests will travel to the 5th Century AD Sigiriya Rock Palace. The palace and fortress complex takes several hours to climb from the bottom to the top.
- After lunch, guests will go on an afternoon safari into Minneriya National Park. It is home to the largest Asian elephant gathering known to exist on the planet. Guests sit and watch as these huge animals drink, play and snack on the green, lush grasses that have been exposed by the receding water. Dinner follows at the Safari Lodge.
Day 3 - Anuradhapura & Wilpattu
- After an early breakfast, guests will travel to the 3rd Century BC ancient city in Anuradhapura. It served as the capital city of the country for nearly 1400 years until the beginning of the 11th century AD. During this period, it remained one of the most stable and durable centers of political power and urban life in South Asia. The city also houses the Jetavana, the Abhayagiri Dagaba and Ruwanwelisaya stupa’s that house many ancient Buddhist relics and remains of Buddhist monks and nuns. The Jetavana stupa, is the largest stupa in the Buddhist world in both its dimensions and its mass. It is 231 feet high up to its broken pinnacle and it has been calculated that it is made up of 160 million bricks.
- After lunch, guests will adventure to Wilpattu National Park to experience big game viewing of the parks; Leopards, Elephant, Bear, Buffalo, Deer, Crocodile, Jackal and many other animals and birds in their natural jungle habitat and then back to the Safari Lodge.
Day 4 - "Monkey Kingdom" Primate Center
- After an early breakfast you will travel to the Sri Lanka’s Primate Center for a full days jungle excursion. Established over 50 years ago, the Primate Center is where Disney Studios filmed the movie "Monkey Kingdom". It is home to 3 types of Sri Lankan monkeys, the Toque Macaque, the Gray Langur and the Purple Faced Langur. While visiting the monkeys in their natural jungle communities, you can observe their interaction with family, friends and even their enemies. You will witness displays caring, courtship, passion, cooperation and teamwork as well as greed, jealousy and aggression as they go about their daily business.
- Return to the Safari Lodge for dinner.
Day 5 - Early breakfast and final look around the Aggressor Safari Lodge before leaving for Negombo and your journey home.
If you would like to extend your stay with us in Sri Lanka, we offer an optional 5th and 6th night that can be added to your 5 Day/4 Night itinerary.
Day 5 - Ritigala Mountain & Monastery
- After an early breakfast you will travel to the Ritigala mountain range and ancient Buddhist Monastery built in the 1st Century BC. The Ritigala Mountain range is the highest Mountains on the island and the climate is considerably cooler. On arrival you will be taken on a 3 hour nature walk through the mountain jungle and ruins of the ancient Monastery. Though there is a chance to see larger animals, this nature walk focus’s more on micro life fauna and flora that can be experienced better on foot rather than in a jeep in the larger parks.
- After your nature walk and lunch you will travel to the Elephant Corridor hotel for dinner and night.
Day 6 - Kandy & Temple of the Tooth
- After an early breakfast you will travel to the city of Kandy, the last city of the ancient kings of Sri Lanka. Kandy is the second largest city in Sri Lanka and capital of the Central Province. Kandy is the home of The Temple of the Tooth Relic, one of the most sacred places of worship in the Buddhist world. It was declared a world heritage site in 1988. You will spend a delightful day of sightseeing and shopping throughout the city before retiring to your hotel for the evening.
- Return to Negombo for your journey home.
No details found.
No details found.
No Details Found